You and I will determine the next President of the United States not long from now. With our nation’s debt piled up, the high unemployment rate, and a variety of other issues, this year’s election is incredibly significant. Though important, these details are trivial compared to other issues at hand. As Christians, the single most important factor is to vote for a person who is going to stand with God.
It’s bothersome when people say that this year’s election is about choosing “the lesser of two evils.” If one candidate stands much more in line with God’s laws than the other, then how can this be a “lesser of two evils” type of election? Certainly no candidate is going to stand perfectly in line with God, but keep in mind that not a single person on this earth has ever stood perfectly in line with God other than Jesus Christ.
We will leave the debate about foreign policies, the economy, war, unemployment, and other issues to the experts on those subjects. But for Christians everywhere, we must turn to the ultimate expert on spiritual matters, the Lord, and look to His guidebook for the upcoming election. Therefore, let’s take a close look at God’s stance on certain spiritual topics.
God’s Stance on Abortion:
- Genesis 1:26 – Man is made in God’s image.
- Genesis 9:6 – “Whoever sheds man’s blood, by man his blood shall be shed, for in the image of God He made man.”
- Exodus 21:22-25 – If a pregnant woman is struck and the child dies, the person who killed the unborn child was punished by death.
- Galatians 1:15; Psalm 22:10-11 – God recognizes the unborn child as a human person inside the womb.
- 1 Timothy 1:9-10 – Murder is condemned.
- Conclusion = God is against abortion.
God’s Stance on Homosexuality:
- Matthew 19:4-6 – God only approves of the marriage between a man and a woman.
- Leviticus 18:22 – Homosexuality is an abomination.
- Romans 1:26-27 – God calls homosexuality degrading, unnatural, indecent, and error.
- 1 Timothy 1:9-10 – Homosexuality is condemned.
- Conclusion = God is against homosexuality.
In the end, only you can decide who you will vote for. No matter who we choose, let’s be absolutely certain that we choose the person who stands closest to God on these vital spiritual matters.